How to Submit a Good Support Ticket
If something is going wrong with your website, don’t panic! Our support team is here to help. Submit a support ticket to our help desk by emailing [email protected] and one of us will respond to you as quickly as possible.
Help Us Help You!
One of the most important aspects of a good support ticket is its subject line. A descriptive subject line is the best and quickest way to make sure your email ends up in front of the right person.
- Urgent! My site is broken! – this is not very descriptive, and doesn’t give information about what is “broken”
- Urgent -My site is broken when I log in – this is better. However, it still doesn’t totally identify the problem.
- Urgent – My site looks normal, but when I log in I am unable to edit any pages – this tells us that the site is still working for the average user, and where the problem is, generally speaking (page editing)
To cut down on your wait time, be sure to use your support ticket to provide us with any information that could be helpful to us in troubleshooting your issue. If you aren’t sure what information might be considered useful, here are some good questions to ask yourself:
- What are the specific characteristics of the problem?
- What were you doing when the problem occurred?
- Were you logged in to anything?
- What is the exact URL of the page with the problem?
- Which web browser are you using? Does the issue persist if you use a different browser?
- Was there an error message? (if so, please include the text or error#)
- Have you tried troubleshooting? If so, what have you tried?
We love details, so don’t leave anything out! Screenshots or even video are always helpful for a good support ticket because they allow us to see exactly what you are seeing. If you don’t have a way to capture your screen, https://www.apowersoft.com/ has some helpful tools.