We Value Digital Accessibility
RadiateWP was created with the aim to build good things for good people and to radiate positivity into the world. We believe that the web should be accessible to all people and it is incumbent on everyone to do their part. As a digital agency that builds and manages websites, we spend a great deal of time educating and teaching our clients and the community about the importance of accessibility. We feel it is our duty and responsibility to not only educate but advise our clients and help them create sites that are more accessible for all. We also believe it is the responsibility of the business owners, community members, city and government agencies, and nonprofits to collectively work to improve digital accessibility in their own niche of the community. We invite the opportunity to help with the education and training of these community members as we all work to build a better internet.
Our team is an integral part of planning WordPress events including local meetups and WordCamps. These events have showcased some of the leaders in website accessibility in the WordPress community. Our team has also provided educational workshops to nonprofits on the importance of website accessibility.
Accessibility on Our Website
RadiateWP follows the “Web Content Accessibility Guidelines” (WCAG) 2.0. As we design and develop new pages for the site, we test these pages for design and functionality against these standards. We use the following tools in our tech stack to help test our accessibility:
- Accessibility Checker Plugin by Equalize Digital
- Wave Web Accessibility Tool
- Accessibility Insights for the Web
- Tota11y Accessibility Visualization Toolkit
- Accessible Colors
- Accessible Color Matrix
You may notice that some of the pages on the site will have a section at the bottom of the page called Simplified Summary. This summary is included on pages where the Flesch-Kincaid reading score is above the 9th-grade level. A summary of the page’s contents is provided in a simple and easy-to-read text explanation.
Accessibility Features on our Site
Our site was designed with the following features and functionality for accessibility:
- Our site is mobile responsive with large buttons making it easy to touch on a small screen.
- Our Brand colors have been modified for optimal color contrast to meet AA requirements for text.
- Our pages are designed with skip navigation links allowing a user to skip directly to the content on a page. The page is also designed to be easily navigated using a keyboard.
- All non-decorative images have appropriate alternative text associated with them.
- The content has been designed using structured headings, lists, and buttons making it organized and easy to understand and navigate for all users.
- Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) text is included when links, buttons, and media require additional context to understand.
- A warning is provided before links open in a new tab.
- A “simplified summary” is added to any page that has a Flesch-Kincaid reading score greater than 9th grade.
Accessibility Support – Contact Us
If you are on our site and have difficulties accessing any information, please contact us immediately at 480-485-8784 or email us at email@example.com. Our team works hard to create an accessible site for everyone. But we always welcome the opportunity to improve.
RadiateWP was created to help make the world a better place. We want to help people be positive and have good things. We believe that everyone should have access to the internet, so we teach our clients and the community about making websites accessible for everyone. Our team helps plan events for WordPress, like local meetups and WordCamps. These events have shown some of the leaders in website accessibility in the WordPress community. Our team has also given educational workshops to nonprofits on the importance of website accessibility. We have a number of features on our website that make it easier to use. But if you are using the site and have a problem accessing something, please contact us immediately at 480-485-8784 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team works hard to create an accessible site for everyone. But we always welcome the opportunity to improve.